Join the Graham Office of Career Management for our 1st Annual Careers & Community Event Series! This panel discussion will be one of four in total featuring business professionals and recruiters affiliated with the Gatton College of Business & Economics who are members of underrepresented groups including professionals of color, first generation professionals, women in business, and professionals who identify as LGBTQIA+. Graham will kick off Careers & Community this semester with its Professionals of Color panel on Thursday April 6th, followed by the First-Generation Pros panel on Monday April 17th, then return in the fall 2023 semester with two more events.
Careers & Community: First Generation Professionals edition is meant for and open to all Gatton students and offers an opportunity for attendees to connect with and learn from professionals who were the first in their immediate family to attend college or the first to pivot into a different field. Careers & Community will also spotlight a local entrepreneur who will provide dinner, dessert, or merchandise for each attendee. Students will have the chance to:
• Hear panelists’ career journeys from student to professional
• Gain insight on how to best prepare for careers in their desired field
• Get advice on finding mentorship and community within and outside of their workspaces
• Learn about upcoming internship opportunities
• Ask questions and network with professionals and recruiters in the world of business
Bring your questions and join us for a night of food, fun, sharing, and community!