Are you interested in becoming Ace helpful?
Ace has been named a Top Workplace in Chicago & we’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the best, most helpful hardware stores on the planet. We’re focused on the future, looking for new & better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. At Ace, we like to say that we have a soft heart, a steel spine — & we like to win. People are the foundation of what makes Ace great, & we’re always looking for ways to improve the employment experience for Ace team members. What we can promise you is that you will gain a sense of accountability & ownership by working hard to build Ace’s continued success, & your own. You’ll enjoy a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment. And, you’ll take pride in serving our Ace retail stores & their customers in neighborhoods across the country and around the world.
2021 Summer Internship Program
The Ace Internship program allows you to apply skills and knowledge you’re learning in College today, while contributing in a hands-on environment to fit your career objectives, complement your academic work and enhance your learning. Here’s what you will take away from your experience this summer:
- Real hands-on experience in your assigned department/function with day-to-day projects, responsibilities, accountabilities and deadlines.
- Opportunity to partner with other interns over the summer on a Capstone project, presenting your findings and recommendations to Ace’s Leadership
- Q & A with Ace’s CEO and Senior Leadership team
- Resume Workshop to help you prepare for future opportunities
- Opportunity to volunteer through the Ace Hardware Foundation
- Teambuilding activities and more.
Your internship experience at Ace will give you the knowledge and skills future employers will look for! Want to hear more? Please review our Glassdoor comments from former interns!
Supply Chain Replenishment Planner
The main function of the Replenishment Planner Intern is to achieve order fill rate objectives for a portfolio of vendors by ensuring that we have inventory in the right place at the right time to service our retailers. This is primarily done through the management of strategies within our state of the art forecasting and replenishment tools, and the management of purchase orders with suppliers. The order fill objectives must be met while achieving targets for inventory turnover and bottom line profitability. Balancing the fill rate and turn objectives is the key challenge of the position because fill rates are generally maximized by more inventory and turns are maximized by less inventory. The Replenishment Planner intern is also required to answer customer service related questions directly from retailers and from internal stakeholders such as the Retail Support Centers (RSC’s), the Help Desk, buyers, vendors, and management.
What you need to succeed as an Ace Intern:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in the following areas: Supply Chain, Economics, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- Completing Senior year of college (Graduating 2022)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments
- Ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to contribute as an effective team member
- Demonstrated motivation and initiative to succeed
- Knowledge and interest in Ace Hardware Corporation
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday -Friday for 12 weeks in the summer (Mid May through Mid August)
- Willingness and ability to give presentations to colleagues, managers and directors