The Marketing Specialist will provide information to customers in response to inquiries about products and services. The Specialist will create quotes and follow up with customers and vendors in order to meet customer requirements in a timely manner. The Specialist will provide quality service and support in all interactions.
Essential Job Functions:
· Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved promptly and thoroughly.
· Research products, confirm pricing with suppliers and prepare customer quotes.
· Prepare purchase orders and place orders with suppliers, confirming details and checking proofs for accuracy. Check colors, size, spelling and all details of the artwork and order.
· Track orders and communicate with customers throughout the entire order process. Respond to customer email messages within one hour.
· Provide paperwork and other information to the accounting office as needed for preparation of invoices.
· Answer phones according to company protocol.
· Communicate information to coworkers, the warehouse, sales representatives and the accounting office as necessary.
· Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customers’ experience and the company’s processes.
· Because the Marketing Specialist works as part of a team and uses company equipment, punctual and regular attendance is required.
· File purchase orders promptly.
· Periodically check in with customers to determine potential needs. Send customers information regarding special offerings and ideas that are compatible with their brand.
· Other duties as assigned.
Non-essential Job Functions:
· Attend trade shows and events on behalf of company.
· Assist with the preparation of proposals and bids.
· Attend customer appointments as needed.
· Update social media.
· File catalogs and other items.
· Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to flex schedule and work overtime as needed.
· Ability to become familiar with end user products.
· Proficient in mathematical calculations.
· Ability to convert art files or explain format needed to the customer.
· Knowledge of and the ability to contribute to creative and artistic processes.
· Minimum of two years’ work experience
· Minimum of two-year degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, problem-solve quickly and work under pressure.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
· This position works in a typical indoor office environment. There are occasions when the worker may be in an outdoor environment when traveling to events or meeting with customers, etc.
· Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer monitors, and reading.
· The ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word.
· Ability to perceive sounds at normal levels with or without correction.