Business Analyst Summer Internship
Location: Nashville, TN
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world’s top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you’re ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
We established the Technology & Operations Program (TOP) in 2000 to develop our next generation of leaders. As a summer intern, you will work closely with a team and support them in various aspects of their work, including projects with the potential for significant business impact. This is a 10-week internship for college juniors. Interns with excellent performance can receive a full-time offer at the end of the internship!
Business Analyst Internships at AllianceBernstein
Technologists are behind every strategic decision and investment at AllianceBernstein, working closely with our business leaders to enable new and ever-evolving investment strategies, markets, and processes. Business Analysts play a key role by acting as the ‘face of technology’ to the business. As the liaison between business users and technical teams, a Business Analyst translates business needs into technical requirements, manages cross-functional projects and stakeholder communication, and provides training to the users as needed. Business Analyst Interns are assigned to a variety of teams supporting institutional investors, research analysts, portfolio managers, client relationship managers, traders, wholesalers, and more. Working closely with Senior Business Analysts and Project Managers, you will learn key business processes, learn about AllianceBernstein’s products and services, and develop an understanding of the inner workings of how an investment management firm is powered by technology.
Examples of Internship projects include:
- Streamlining and simplifying the Equities Trading Order Management process
- Applying statistical and machine learning techniques to predict future sales and stock prices
- Re-designing aspects of the Bernstein Research Report
- Developing an automated tool to onboard new Hedge Funds more efficiently and accurately
We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, innovation, leadership potential, technical ability and a passion for learning our business. Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- December 2021 or May/June 2022 Bachelor’s degree candidates in Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics or related fields
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Keen interest in project management, particularly with the scoping of projects, capturing and documenting requirements, and defining use cases, user interfaces, and testing scenarios
- Experience with SQL and/or other programming languages is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Candidates must be available to work full-time in June 2021 for 10 weeks.
What Sets Us Apart
Besides the best corporate culture in the industry:
- The potential to receive an offer for our full-time Program at the end of your internship!
- Highly competitive salary
- First-hand training and experience with innovative technologies through our apprenticeship model
- Extensive technical and business training opportunities
- Engage with senior leaders through networking events, coffee chats and lunch & learn sessions
- Formal mentorship program
- 1 on 1 career planning and development sessions
- Opportunity to join multiple Employee Resource and Wellness Groups to connect you with colleagues across the firm