*You must be open to relocate across the US for this role. *
This role is a 12-week internship starting in the summer of 2024.
About the Program & Organization:
What does it look like to be an operations finance partner for a $350B and growing startup? Cutting-edge technology, automation, and a fast pace environment attract some of the brightest in operations to help us redefine our distribution network each year. To do so, we look for exceptional candidates who possess the leadership to influence, a bias for action, and the passion to think big while diving deep. The challenges we tackle span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth’s most customer-centric company.
The Operations Finance Rotation Program (OFRP) interns are given significant responsibility from the start of their internship to drive both business and financial decisions to deliver results through the ownership of an individual intern project. OFRP Interns are expected to evaluate and quantify new business ideas, and perform data-intensive analyses to drive meaningful change and improvement to the way we serve our customers. OFRP Interns will be placed on a finance team that supports one aspect of the supply chain, including Customer Fulfillment, Amazon Logistics, Amazon Air, or many other teams. Each intern will be given an individual project to own and execute that receives attention from senior leadership across multiple business functions.
NOTE: When applying to the Amazon site, no cover letter is necessary. Please list your undergraduate school and expected graduation date within the Education section of your online application. Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, supply chain management, operations and information systems, business administration and management, mathematics, economics, or related field. Expected degree conferral should be between December 2024 and June 2025.
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
• Willingness to relocate is required. Locations will vary and candidates could be placed nationwide. Position location is most heavily weighted on business need, but will also consider individual location preference.
• The internship program is not rotational. Candidates will support one team for the length of the internship.
• Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the internship.
• Term: 12 weeks during the summer of 2024. Students will be able to select from the internship dates below. Start date is not flexible.
– Monday, May 20, 2024-Friday, August 9, 2024
– Monday, June 3, 2024- Friday, August 23, 2024
– Monday, June 10, 2024- Friday, August 30, 2024
• Opportunity: an offer for full time employment for the two-year Operations Finance Rotation Program may be given after the internship. The full-time program is rotational and requires a willingness to relocate multiple times throughout the two-year program.
• We are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role.
• Remote or virtual work options are not available for this role, and all work must be conducted in-person.
• Owning and diving deep for data to support a recommendation, and driving resolution for an individual intern project.
• Conducting financial analysis to help identify capital investment requirements and/or cost reduction opportunities.
• Partnering with operational leadership and frontline associates to identify, develop, and enact process improvements within the supply chain process.
• Designing and maintaining insightful reporting to drive action of business partners.
• Interpreting and communicating results on project and standard work to Finance, Operations and other department leaders.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Nashville, TN, USA
– Are 18 years of age or older
– Work 40 hours/week throughout the course of a 12-week summer internship between May through September
– Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in finance, economics, industrial engineering, accounting, supply chain management, operations and information systems, business administration and management, or related field, with a graduation conferral date between December 2024 and June 2025.
– Desire and ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
– Strong academic, leadership, and/or extracurricular record.
– Understanding of basic business, accounting, and finance concepts, and a working knowledge of Excel and SQL.
– Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication with a keen focus on delivering business results.
– Demonstrated track record in using data and metrics to make decisions and build scalable solutions.
– Ability to influence across all levels of an organization.
– Ability to act strategically and make decisions under ambiguity.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $22.84/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $52.50/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.