SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Primary hiring locations are in offices in GA, IN, KY, MO, OH, VA, and WI. There may be select opportunities in other Anthem states based on local business hiring needs.
The Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, developing, and validating statistical data.
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under limited supervision, applies the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and performs preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
- Updates actuarial models as directed.
- Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy, in addition to identifying and resolving errors.
- Ability to suggest creative methods to enhance the effectiveness of processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other criteria for selection include:
- Preferred majors include Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related degrees.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience required in the use of MS applications, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership ability as evidenced in extra-curricular activities a plus
- Prior experience in corporate environment internship preferred
- Prior experience in an insurance industry internship preferred
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.