Aon Is Looking for Reinsurance Actuarial Interns – Chicago/Minneapolis
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. Actuaries at Aon work with large, mid-sized and small clients on a variety of projects related to effectively managing Risk, Retirement Health and Reinsurance solutions. Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary, depending on your track, as we hire actuaries to work within all four of these core capabilities.
SOA Track: Retirement Consulting, Health & Benefits Consulting
CAS Track: Risk Consulting, Reinsurance Consulting
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Your Impact as An Actuarial Intern
Reinsurance Actuarial Consulting
Unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities for organizations across the global economy. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help re/insurers reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
Primary role is to support clients as requested by supervisor or brokers, across virtually any client project or internal research assignment. Analysts are expected to develop proficiencies in completing standard analyses, while also taking part in more advanced analyses as needed. You will become familiar with Aon’s tools and approach, contribute to their development and present Aon’s solutions and services to our clients. Secondary role is to assist in pricing parameter updates and market research. Additional activities include:
- Work with colleagues (brokers, analytics and others) to identify and respond to client needs and develop additional opportunities related to products and services
- Inventory and manage data related to analysis of reinsurance transactions
- Analyze the costs and benefits of risk transferred under reinsurance agreements via pricing analysis and dynamic risk modeling with limited guidance
- Understand reinsurance contracts and products (terminology, terms and conditions)
- Prepare client-ready presentations to communicate analysis results to brokers and clients
- Manage workflow proactively
- Take initiative on internal projects to improve processes, products or services
- Take ownership and responsibility for quality, accuracy and timely completion of analysis
Aon’s Internship Program
Interns within Aon will gain valuable experience assisting our teams supporting both client and internal projects. Interns will work with a cross-functional team to gain visibility and experience across a broad segment of clients. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues.
- 10 Week Paid Program in Offices Throughout the U.S.
- Challenging Work on Significant Client Projects
- One on One Internship Mentoring
- Formal and Informal Feedback Throughout the Program
- Significant on the job training and firsthand experience
- Participation in formal training program taught by Aon’s Industry professionals
What are we looking for?
Collaborators, Critical Thinkers, Problem Solvers, Team Players, Effective Communicators, Relationship Builders and Future Leaders.
We aim to recruit a diverse group of professionals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Relevant work or internship experience.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy working on complex, mathematically-oriented projects
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, must be current Juniors, graduating between Dec 2021 – June 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.