Ascension Worldwide, LLC is a minority-owned full-service business consulting firm committed to helping clients achieve workplace inclusion, employee and client diversity, leadership belonging strategies, and innovative growth opportunities. We are a global company that conducts virtual and in-person training, Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) assessments, coaching, and leadership retreats to support clients on their D&I journey.
We are seeking an Intern who will lead our social media marketing experience and develop a comprehensive marketing plan to fulfill this need. This position will provide an opportunity to make a significant impact in a startup that is growing rapidly. We value curiosity, creativity, cultural awareness, and innovation in those who look at the world with a diverse and inclusive lens. Duties will include researching existing and emerging markets, launching marketing campaigns to attract new clients, fostering ideas for brand awareness, defining email and social media marketing strategies, and identifying and creating awesome marketing messages. We will provide hands-on opportunities to understand the D&I industry’s marketing trends, and make a significant impact on future growth and direction of our marketing strategy.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
1. Prepares social media and email marketing plan.
2. Leads the Ascension Worldwide social media platform, including posting thought leadership and sharing other pertinent articles on our various social medial platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
3. Schedules and creates social media posts.
4. Analyzes marketing successes and compiles data on various platforms.
5. Presents marketing ideas and proposals to Ascension Worldwide leadership and other stakeholders.
6. Contributes to Ascension Worldwide social media branding strategy.
7. Maintains a daily working relationship with the Senior Director of Operations, including marketing and communication concerns, increasing innovation, exploring new design concepts, and challenges the status quo.
8. Performs related duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Operations
1. In an accredited college or university program to complete a bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business. Should possess excellent analytical and numerical skills and demonstrate creative writing, curiosity about the industry, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills. Performs marketing functions with a lens of diversity and inclusion.
2. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
3. The ideal candidate has a diverse background, is mission driven and possesses the ability to talk about uncomfortable topics such as race, gender equity, and LGBTQ issues.
4. Detailed knowledge of the principles of social media marketing.
5. Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communication.
6. Ability to independently plan and organize marketing and communication plans.
7. Highly comfortable with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
8. Knowledge of graphic design applications desirable.
Ascension Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, age, ability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation.