We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is organized, calm, and has a warm and friendly demeanor. The Customer Service Intern should have a strong emphasis on professionalism and attain an effective and priority-driven organizational style. This individual must be an effective communicator as he/she will serve as the first line of communication with the customer and their variety of requests and needs. The individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively in an office environment.
The individual’s primary area(s) of focus will be aiding with the daily operations of customer service. Anticipated areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- Answer emails and calls that offer friendly support and feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Navigate internal portals and assist with order entry and processing
- Ensure all pertinent information needed for proper coordination of shipment is obtained and arranged
- Serve as a resource to Sales & Account Management with questions or concerns and by preparing and shipping samples when necessary
No prior experience is necessary, but individuals with Sales and/or Customer Service backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Advanced ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
This role is for a minimum of 20 hours/week commitment but has potential to be a full-time position 40 hours/week (no explicit end date listed). There is flexibility on weekly working hours; however, time should be scheduled and completed on-site during our typical open office hours of Monday through Friday from 7:30am-4:30pm. We can be flexible around the individual’s particular schedule needs (i.e. class schedule) and can accommodate as needed. The individual will be compensated on an hourly basis. A personal computer and in-office workspace will be provided for the individual, as well as, all other typical company and office programming and equipment (i.e. copier, fax/scanner, phone, etc.).
Please contact Carissa Moening at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a Cover Letter and copy of your Resume.