Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an entry level motivated Underwriting professional to join our team. The position requires the person to:
· Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
· Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
· Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
· Acquire a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
· Effectively communicate with independent agents and other employees through verbal and/or written means.
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal time, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently.
· Above average communication skills (written and verbal).
· Ability to resolve complex issues.
· An interest in developing product knowledge through participation in approved educational programs.