Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated insurance carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as an Underwriter Intern. The position requires the person to:
• Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
• Became familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
• Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
• Acquires a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
• Effectively communicate with independent agents and other employees through verbal and/or written means.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Student should be currently enrolled and entering their junior or senior year in college.
• Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
• Above average communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to resolve complex issues.
• An interest in developing product knowledge through participation in approved educational programs.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.