Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award-winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird!
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. Baird’s summer program activities include an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple Lunch & Learns, and have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
About our Private Wealth Management business:
Challenge your thinking and build an amazing career with the best people in the financial services industry! Baird’s Financial Advisors provide advice, strategies, and solutions to high-net worth individuals and families across the United States, serving as true partners. True wealth management goes beyond managing investments. At Baird, we understand it begins with learning all we can about what our clients want for themselves and their families. We work closely with them to prioritize their goals, utilizing Baird’s resources and expertise to create a tailored plan to ensure success as they’ve defined it. Our 1,700+ private wealth associates serve clients coast-to-coast from 90+ locations in 30 states. We have been recognized on Barron’s Top Wealth Management Firms for 10 consecutive years and hold over $305 billion in client assets. Check out this video to learn more about our Private Wealth Management business.
Interns are treated as valuable team members and are challenged with meaningful work while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. We look for highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals who are proactive, eager to learn and ready to contribute. Interns will gain first-hand experience into the day in the life of a successful Financial Advisor and their team.
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
Located in our Henderson office, interns must be able to work full time, 37.5 – 40 hours per week, during the summer.
As a Private Wealth Management Intern, you will:
· Support various projects from Financial Advisors (i.e. review reports, research stocks, money managers and funds and investment strategies)
· Process paperwork and documents necessary to assist others in the department, including opening new accounts for existing clients, death distributions, and trade corrections
· Assist with administrative functions including answering phones and responding to basic client questions; Forwards more advanced calls to Client Specialists or Financial Advisors for handling
· Prepare for client meetings and presentations
· Create quarterly performance reports and distribute to clients
· Conduct cost basis research
· Perform additional duties and assist with projects as assigned
What we look for:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, business or related degree preferred
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or later
· Excellent customer service skills and exceptional telephone etiquette
· Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and positive attitude
· An interest in financial services and developing a career in wealth management
· Prior office experience in a corporate or university setting preferred
· Experience with the Microsoft Office package
What makes this opportunity great:
· Gain first-hand experience into the day in the life of a successful Financial Advisor and their team
· Apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships
· Gain experience specifically in private wealth management, with the ability to be considered for full time opportunities post-graduation including our Foundations Program geared towards individuals whom want to become a financial advisor