Supply Chain – 2021 Intern
Location: Frankfort, KY
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Must be able to start June 2021 – internship goes through August 14, 2021 (determined by academic calendar)
Beam Suntory Supply Chain Overview
During the internship program, the intern will learn about Supply Chain objectives and project work process procedures from ongoing large capital projects across couple plant sites in KY. The intern role will have key organizational interface with Supply Chain Finance, Commercial Finance, Demand Planning, Procurement, Customer Service and Manufacturing leadership. Periodically, he or she will have the opportunity to improve business processes based on understanding ways of working and current practice. The internship will culminate with a final presentation to management describing what the intern learned and the value he or she provided to the company.
These are the essential functions of the position but not limited to these activities:
- Support Supply Planning team by helping with entry level material planning.
- Support through helping create and manage material audits.
- Help identify and create supplier facing metrics that are relevant and impactful to Supply Planning.
- Learn and support entry level supply planning across various plants.
- Learn and support outage notification process.
- Ad hoc reporting & analysis work.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility; identify risks and report violations, near misses, or injuries immediately.
- Adhere to Project Work Process (PWP)
- Assist with review of engineering drawings and specifications documents to confirm desired scope is represented.
- Assist with field verification to confirm construction scope aligns with engineering documents.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, safety standards, quality standards and demonstrated ability to react and communicate effectively to issues.
- Attend and contribute to Interactive Planning Sessions (IAP’s) and Design Reviews (DRs).
- Support Request for Quote (RFQ) packages, Capital Purchase Recommendations (CPRs), and Purchase Requisitions (PRs).
- Support project procurement thru tasks such as; identifying suppliers and contractors, development and issuing of RFQ packages, expediting and receiving, etc.
- Utilize BSI Tools and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Attend weekly project status review/meetings and contribute to project action register.
- Participate actively in project design reviews including drawings reviews and approvals, and markups.
- Follow criteria for file/data storage set forth by project management.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Currently enrolled, ideal candidate is a Junior or Senior, scheduled to graduate within the next 2 years.
- Pursuing a degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain or other relevant major and have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to learn
- Highly organized
- Must be 21 years of age
- Authorized to work in the US, Beam Suntory will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
OUR PROGRAM PROVIDES INTERNS WITH:
- Paid internship, casual dress, team outings
- Housing assistance up to $3,000.00
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with our experienced engineering and project management team
- Hands-on application of engineering principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Real-time feedback
- A team of resources to assist with training and career development
- Opportunity to interact with the executive leadership team
- Attend meetings and gain experience of mid-level and top-level management processes.
- We recognize and reward hard work by giving our interns a chance to build their careers at Beam Suntory
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local law.