Firm Profile: [JR1]
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $619 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Real Estate / Legal & Compliance
Blackstone Real Estate Overview:[JR2]
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $187 billion of investor capital under management. Blackstone is one of the largest property owners in the world, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily and single family housing, office, hospitality and retail. Our opportunistic funds seek to acquire undermanaged, well-located assets across the world. Blackstone’s Core+ strategy invests in substantially stabilized real estate globally through regional open-ended funds focused on high-quality assets and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, Inc. (BREIT), a non-listed REIT that invests in U.S. income-generating assets. Blackstone Real Estate also operates one of the leading global real estate debt businesses, providing comprehensive financing solutions across the capital structure and risk spectrum, including management of Blackstone Mortgage Trust (NYSE: BXMT).
2021 Summer Analyst
Blackstone’s Real Estate Legal & Compliance Group offers Summer Analysts a hands-on experience supporting the Real Estate group. Summer Analysts play an integral role in the team and have the opportunity to be immersed within an in-house legal & compliance team of a leading financial services organization. This position is ideal for a college student considering attending law school in the future who would like to gain insight into regulatory compliance, real estate private equity, transactional law, and the legal framework of private equity funds. This is an exceptional opportunity for those interested in law school as you will be trained and mentored by leading corporate attorneys with significant experience in the financial services space.
Blackstone’s Real Estate Legal & Compliance Group expects Summer Analysts to be engaged in all aspects of the group’s work.
Summer Analyst work may include:
· Coordinating legal review and operational due diligence processes relating to real estate investments made by Real Estate’s various funds
· Maintaining and updating Real Estate’s policies and procedures, including drafting new processes to streamline compliance initiatives
· Reviewing investments pursued by the Real Estate group to ensure investor compliance
· Collaborating with Real Estate Acquisitions, Real Estate Asset Management, Real Estate Finance, and Real Estate Investor Relations teams on interdisciplinary projects
· Assist the compliance team in the administration of and ongoing enhancements to all aspects of the team’s compliance program, including management of the compliance calendar and upkeep of the firm’s data management system
· Providing support relative to offering of any new funds or products
· Assessing current and prospective regulatory risk through industry and government-focused research
· Assisting in preparing materials responsive to existing investors’ compliance-related requests
· Assisting in launching new business initiatives
· Supporting the firm’s compliance training initiatives (both online and in person)
Blackstone Real Estate Legal & Compliance seeks to hire individuals who are detail-oriented, process-driven, and have a genuine desire to learn and grow in a team-based setting. Prior internship or work experience in the financial services industry or legal industry is preferred. The successful candidate should have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong team player with a desire to contribute to a collaborative work environment
- Exceptional ability to project-manage disparate workstreams
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to continuously learn
- Professional maturity and judgment
- Substantial initiative, creativity, and drive
To be considered for the Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Anticipated graduation date: December 2021 – May 2022
- Resume must include major, expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
1. Complete the Blackstone On-Line application for the “Summer Analyst – Real Estate Legal & Compliance” position through the following link:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.