Logistics Management Co-op Summer 2022
Bridge Logistics Inc.
What are you passionate about? What fuels you to wake up the next morning, ready to give it your all? For us, it’s not actually logistics. We often say we’re in the business of developing people and building relationships – we just happen to move freight in the process.
About the role:
Think of this co-op role as a ground floor opportunity to launch your career in logistics before graduation. We’re not about making copies and grabbing coffee – we want you to do real-world, resume-building work. You’ll be able to see the impact of your contributions on a daily basis.
The role involves working on our developing sales team – helping our sales department find transportation companies to physically move our shipments. You’ll be negotiating rates and following through to make sure all our loads are picking up and delivering on time.
You’ll learn the logistics industry, build relationships with carriers, get exposure to our sales process, and set yourself up for a transition into a logistics career. All while being surrounded by a supportive team who wants to help you succeed!
High level of interest in sales and operations
Be passionate about our vision: To build genuine relationships and grow together
Ability to make calls through strong phone communication skills
Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented sales work environment
Ability to negotiate with diverse clients
Co-op Success Profile:
- Be the first to answer the phone every time it rings
- Assess priority loads and make outbound dials on them
- Don’t wait to be told what to do – always find something to work on
- Work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm – early is on time!
- Ask for help when you don’t understand something
- Act mature – we have a relaxed culture, but don’t take advantage of that
- Be able to multi-task, remember what needs to get done, and jump back and forth effectively between several tasks
- Realize how important the co-op role is – it is directly affecting Bridge’s bottom line and the paychecks of everyone on the team
- Own your mistakes and learn from them – know that everyone makes mistakes and that it’s okay to admit them