Retail Intermediate Accountant
Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation’s leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.
Position Summary: The Retail Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for key accounting tasks as assigned by the Accounting manager or Controller.
· Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
· As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
· Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
· At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
· Clayton’s Home Office campus offers an onsite restaurant, onsite fitness facility with full gym, in-person and virtual workout classes, yoga / barre studio, volleyball and basketball courts, walking paths, and a disc golf course.
· Bachelor’s (4 year) degree in Accounting or Finance. Additional education a plus.
· 2-4 years’ of related experience.
· Must continuously use the highest level of personal integrity and business ethics. Faithfully executes all applicable regulations of local, state and federal authorities.
· Great attention to detail, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Motivated and self-starter.
· Willing to learn, hard-working, determined, and assertive.
· Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.
The Ideal Retail Intermediate Accountant would have experience with Global Financial Software and/or Oracle ERP, proficiency with Sequel Viewpoint, or other query tools, and enjoy data mining and reporting. These are preferred, but not required.
· Prepares journal entries and accruals and assists with balance sheet reconciliation and analysis
· Participates in close activities, quarter end, and year-end reporting.
· Review and analyze income statements for areas of responsibility.
· Creates and maintain management reports
· Continually evaluates processes for improvement
· Exhibits high level of judgement and discretion
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at: