Please send your resume and salary requirements to Gina Greathouse, Executive Vice President of Economic Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary: Commerce Lexington Inc. (the greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce), which is the leading non-profit, private organization that promotes business development through new business recruitment, existing business expansion and entrepreneurial development is seeking an energetic individual to join its professional economic development team. This highly motivated individual must have a combination of excellent organizational, communication, and administration skills along with at least three years of economic development or related experience in business management, marketing, economics, banking management or industrial development. This is a high-profile position that interacts with business leaders, site selection consultants, state and local government officials, utility and transportation representatives. The individual must develop a thorough knowledge of the local and state business resources, and be able to communicate them to the general public.
Qualifications: The candidate should be a motivated, self-directed, effectual team player and capable of working independently on a high level; have an excellent grasp of business development concepts; display excellent time management and organizational and administrative skills; be very respectful to the sensitive and confidential nature of information received; be comfortable with handling multiple time sensitive tasks and projects at the same time, and be able to anticipate and analyze the needs of the team; possess strong written and verbal skills. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Be able to coordinate and assist with the activities of Community & Minority Business Development and the Economic Development team. Be open to developing the knowledge for recruitment, existing business, and entrepreneurial development initiatives.
· Assist Department on an as needed basis with administrative tasks, event preparation and coordination, and supplies for special events including Geeks Night Out, Networking Groups, Ribbon Cuttings, etc. Assist Department with editing and production of press releases, board reports, newsletters, project/client materials, etc. Assist Controller with CLX filing. Deliver & send department materials including prospectus and quarterly metrics, marketing materials, etc.
· Work with our strategic partners (city, state, workforce and minority initiatives), support and encourage expansion opportunities by coordinating needs of industry.
· Assist with expansion projects by coordinating client visits and follow-up.
· Closely monitor current events in the news to identify Bluegrass client activity.
· Maintain distribution lists of sponsors, members, potentials members, regular attendees. Responsible for sending out meeting notices, taking reservations, registration and follow-up billing and collections. Work with Lexington, Kentucky Innovation Network to coordinate logistics, menus, flyers, speakers, event notices, Eventbrite, event set-up, etc. Maintain an accounting record for programs expenses. Update website.
· Assist with “Council Day” for the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Council.
· Be open to learning how to assist clients and site selection consultants in obtaining information on environmental regulations, transportation, utilities, real estate options, available incentives and funding sources, etc.
· Writes articles for Business Focus, the monthly CLX publication to members.
· Manage professional business networks and assist in special events for each network. (C3N, Manufacturers’ Network Group, Bluegrass Biotech, and others).
· Keeps aware of federal, state or local legislation/regulation changes, which affect economic development.
· Promotes CLX economic development events and outcomes via social media and other communication avenues.
Some travel may be required to meet with prospects, participate in recruitment trips and trade shows.