We are looking for an enthusiastic self starter with an interest in generating new leads for our Sales and IT department to follow up on.
You will be expected to create and use new marketing and sales techniques and tools common in todays social media environment to identify specific contacts within companies in need of our services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Interns assist with all stages of marketing campaigns, including drafting proposals, preparing presentations and researching consumer trends to identify marketing needs. Marketing Interns provide their teams with needed help when developing, expanding and maintaining marketing channels. Marketing Interns are savvy users of Social Media and understand its importance in marketing to broader audiences.
Examples of these duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and managing the company’s social media platforms, adjusting outreach tactics as needed
- Developing tools and methods for collecting data such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires
- Collecting and analyzing data to identify consumer trends
- Researching consumer opinions and marketing strategies and proposing adjustments to current strategies accordingly
- Creating graphic representations of data and translating complex research into easily readable content for stakeholders and other departments
- Measuring consumer satisfaction with products or services
Skills and Qualifications
A successful Marketing Intern needs various skills and qualifications to perform the required duties of their role. Essential skills for this position include the following:
- Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuing education of new marketing tactics and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate complex research into common language
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Aptitude with various social media platforms as well as the data tracking tools associated with them
- Familiarity with consumer psychology and buying habits
- Ability to quickly learn and process information
- Organization and time management skills
A Marketing Intern makes an average of $15.00 per hour. Pay rate may depend on level of experience, education and the geographical location.
Education and Training
Candidates should at least be enrolled in and on track to graduate from a four-year college or university with a degree in marketing, consumer psychology or a related discipline. Candidates enrolled in graduate programs for marketing or a related discipline demonstrate a commitment to the field and represent a quality candidate as a Marketing Intern.
Because this is an entry-level position, Marketing Intern candidates gain most of their professional experience while earning their degree by completing either internships or externships.
They have the opportunity to gain valuable real-world experience researching market conditions for applicable regions of anticipated sales on a local, regional or national scale.
Smaller businesses may hire Marketing Interns directly out of school, while larger companies may require around a year of experience in a related role, along with the completion of their degree.