PR and Influencer Marketing intern:
Start date: Immediate
Time Commitment: minimum 2 days per week
Compensation: Unpaid, but course credit allowed
We are a Columbia University-based early-stage, art tech startup building a platform that offers art rental / rent-to-own service for fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art. We discover and represent up-and-coming artists and connect them to the equally emerging collectors who are often intimidated by the art scene. Curina has the largest portfolio for rental subscription with its partnership with art galleries and independent artists in New York. Curina was featured in Elle USA, WWD, House Beautiful, and Home Accents Today.
About The Job
- This is an opportunity to work directly with a Columbia University-based startup founder and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
- We are looking for someone who has an enthusiasm for tech and creating a new platform that connects the next generation of artists to consumers.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with founding members to oversee PR and Influencer Marketing by strategically identifying and reaching out to influencers for partnerships and press. Cultivate relationships relevant to influencers and use these partnerships as a means to enhance the company brand.
- Track and analyze results from PR and influencer partnerships. Identify and implement key action items for scaling the growth of these results. Utilize insights to develop thoughtful and consistent feedback for press and influencer relations.
- Proactively research for new press and collaboration opportunities and strategies.
- Collaborate with the team and share any cultural happenings, internet trends, influencers, etc. Be a creative member of the team and help us pinpoint the key marketing moments for the next 12 months.
- Highly creative and dedicated to building a resume of PR and partnership marketing
- A go-getter with a “get things done” mentality
- Passionate about the art community
- In-depth knowledge of influencer marketing and partnership marketing (or eager to learn and adapt)
- A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
- Passion for art, e-commerce, technology, and startups
- Sense of humor!