DevOps Desktop Support Technician Internship
Temporary Position | 40 Hrs/Wk (M-F) | $17/hr | Jan. 31 – Apr. 22, 2022
At El Toro, we look at the world differently. We are the leader in observing and understanding human behavior. Our customers gain a competitive advantage from our advanced analytics and ad tech, delivering empirical results that matter. Being the inventive company that we are, we’ve recently received our 11th patent approval, issued in June of 2021, with an additional 6 new patents are currently pending. As our tech advances, so does the need for amazing individuals to join our team of innovators that will pioneer our company forward.
El Toro is happy to partner with local educational institutions that offer students the opportunity to gain work experience in-field with hands-on training and development that will be guided by one of the greatest dev teams in the state. El Toro’s software developers build the next-generation ad tech and analytics technologies that change how organizations explore and interact with their respective customers. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale and extend well beyond digital advertisement. This opportunity will provide interns with first-hand knowledge of working with multiple advanced software engineering teams.
The DevOps team helps El Toro transform and evolve business through the use of multi-cloud software infrastructure. As part of this team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how both developers and customers interact with our highly performant products using your infrastructure and automation knowledge.
As a DevOps Intern, you will serve as a technical resource and perform troubleshooting to resolve technical challenges. You will work with and facilitate repairs on all onsite hardware, along with preparing said hardware for use by the rest of the organization.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair all employee laptops
- Imaging and deploying laptops to company standards and ensuring an excellent end-user experience
- Monitoring end-user laptop performance and maintaining up to date inventory of all physical devices (laptops, cameras, monitors, etc)
- Coordinating with vendors (specifically Dell) to order company equipment and issue machine repair requests
- Resolving physical hardware issues
- Assisting in technical upgrades for machines (adding ram, replacing batteries, etc)
- Documenting L1 and DevOps processes in Confluence
- CompTIA A+/Net+ (Preferred)
- General networking knowledge
- Microsoft experience with Windows 10
- macOS experience with Catalina/Big Sur
- Linux Experience (ability to navigate a shell)
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble laptop motherboard components (RAM, battery, etc.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs for a short duration
Benefits & Perks
We value our team members and want to provide them with an amazing benefits package with the following offerings:
- On-Site Gym & Showers for ALL employees
- Great work-life balance
- Welcoming, Safe, and Fun work environment!
- Explosive growth allows rapid career advancements
El Toro is committed to actively fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among its workforce and the broader community. Our culture is defined through our E.P.I.I.C model Excellence, Persistence, Integrity, Innovation, and Continued Improvement. You can read more about El Toro’s unique work experience here.
El Toro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, language, age, disability, political affiliation, sex, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.