Software DEV Internship
Temporary Position | 40 Hrs/Wk (M-F) | $17/hr | Jan. 31 – Apr. 22, 2022
At El Toro, we look at the world differently. We are the leader in observing and understanding human behavior. Our customers gain a competitive advantage from our advanced analytics and ad tech, delivering empirical results that matter. Being the inventive company that we are, we’ve recently received our 11th patent approval, issued in June of 2021, with an additional 6 new patents are currently pending. As our tech advances, so does the need for amazing individuals to join our team of innovators that will pioneer our company forward.
El Toro is happy to partner with local educational institutions that offer students the opportunity to gain work experience in-field with hands-on training and development that will be guided by one of the greatest dev teams in the state. El Toro’s software developers build the next-generation ad tech and analytics technologies that change how organizations explore and interact with their respective customers. Our products need to handle information at a massive scale and extend well beyond digital advertisement. This opportunity will provide interns with first-hand knowledge of working with multiple advanced software engineering teams.
The Software DEV Intern position is integral to the mission of the DEV team and will work on a team with other interns coordinating with several of our engineering teams. There are potential opportunities to develop software and tools in support of design and technology platforms, including cloud-based components, database systems, and containerized solutions.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Jira, DevOps, and Confluence to maintain necessary documentation
- Work under the direction of an experienced developer implementing product features, gaining increasing responsibility as you demonstrate your abilities
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, system demos, and team meetings
- Experience El Toro’s culture by shadowing current team members. Receive mentorship from an experienced team member and partner with a manager on professional development
- Experience in any of the following: web/mobile application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, systems/security software development.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Resourceful and proactive
- Interested in software development
Benefits & Perks:
- We value our team members and want to provide them with an amazing benefits package with the following offerings:
- On-Site Gym & Showers for ALL employees
- Great work-life balance
- Welcoming, Safe, and Fun work environment!
- Explosive growth allows rapid career advancements
El Toro is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion among its workforce and the broader community. Our culture is defined through our E.P.I.I.C model Excellence, Persistence, Integrity, Innovation, and Continued Improvement. You can read more about El Toro’s unique work experience here.
El Toro is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our Company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, language, age, disability, political affiliation, sex, socio-economic status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.