At Equitable, our power is our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities.
Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking.
Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
Interns will support specific areas within Finance at Equitable Holdings (EQH) and have opportunity to learn about additional functions through project work and networking opportunities with peers in the program. Placement to Finance area will be based on business need, skillset and interest.
Internship Dates: June 7, 2021 – August 13, 2021
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepares and supports the testing of our ERP implementation. Prepares and examines Financial records, analyzes data, regulatory manners, budgeting and tax. Intern operates under the Corporate Controller, Financial Controls, Accounting Policy, Investment Accounting, Reinsurance and Tax teams.
- Coordination and preparation of various management presentations (e.g. monthly and quarterly reviews with executive management team, internal and external board meetings, other meetings and conferences)
- Opportunity to deliver clear, cohesive, compelling presentations to leadership teams in/outside of Finance
- Assist in project management and planning of key events/priorities
- Contribute to team discussions and project meetings
- Assist in execution of process improvement initiatives
- Assist in promotion of team engagement
- Final research project to be presented to leaders in the Finance organization
- Rising senior or rising junior working towards four-year undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 3.3 overall GPA
- Financial/quantitative data analysis knowledge
- Written and verbal communications skills, with ability to formulate clear and concise executive “messages” to internal and external audiences from complex topics
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, solve problems and think strategically/critically
- Pro-active and comfort level with working in an often-ambiguous environment, anticipating needs and staying ahead of them
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and high level of comfort/ease to interact with all levels of the organization
- Organized with attention to detail
- Uncompromising integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.