FOCUS Broadband is seeking a Manager of Site Operations who will manage overall operations and be responsible for effectively and successfully managing labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures established by FOCUS Broadband within Chowan and Perquimans counties. The Manager of Site Operations will serve as FOCUS Broadband’s representative to ensure all internal and external teams follow our policies, procedures, and safety specifications. This opportunity will require a leader to have a visibly engaged leadership style that empowers leadership and effectively guides team members for continuous improvement. As the selected FOCUS Broadband representative, you will ensure that the quality of FOCUS Broadband’s products and services meets or exceeds the communities’ expectations and report information directly back to the leadership at Headquarters.
· Oversee daily operations of the organization and the work of employees.
· Responsible for the management of safety compliance
· Manage schedules, and coordinate resources to meet the needs of installations, repairs, and sales.
· Local community liaison, represents FOCUS Broadband by attending meetings such as Rotary and/or Chamber of Commerce
· Developing relationships with customers to ensure they are satisfied with the service they are receiving.
· Sets a high standard for personal and leadership professionalism.
· Outstanding negotiation and communication skills
· Partners with HR in all employee relation activities, including recruiting, selection, coaching, disciplinary steps, and termination.
· Available as a resource and mentor to team members.
· Responsible for overall operational performance and quality outcomes, including client satisfaction.
· Coordinating use of warehouse operations, trucks, and other equipment used to store or deliver goods.
· Monitor inventory control initiatives daily, weekly, and period-end cycles.
· Monitoring inventory levels and arranging shipments of goods based on demand or sales trends.
· Evaluate local businesses for opportunities to provide communication services.
· Supervising a team to ensure timely completion of work and adherence to policies and procedures, identifying all necessary resources required and identifying potential barriers.
· Providing weekly supervision through weekly calls and on-site observation.
· Build strong relationships with local contractors.
· Oversee and inspect the safety of work performed by contractors.
· Ensuring sufficient communication of information between all levels of the organization and the implementation of strategies.
· Providing oversight, guidance, and completion of all location complaints and investigations related to staff and clients regarding operational procedures.
· Working on management succession planning of the organization and ensuring that capable management is in place to handle the work efficiently.
· Directly supervising staff in organizational development and training.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Minimum bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must maintain a clean driving record and valid license.
· Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
· Strong PC skills, especially in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Zubie, and ESRI programs.
· Experience with FOCUS Broadband programs.
· Experience with business functions such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
· Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
· Experience with building effective teams, hiring, evaluating, and dismissing.
· Certifications required or ability to achieve within 12 months: OSHA 10, Work Zone Safety, CPR/First Aid, Forklift/Backhoe certification, CDL.
· Forklift & backhoe experience preferred.
· Travel will be required 30% of the time.
Who is FOCUS Broadband?
FOCUS Broadband is North Carolina’s largest communications cooperative. Formerly known as ATMC, our humble roots began in 1955 when residents banded together to bring telephone service to Brunswick County for the first time. Today, our team provides high-speed fiber optic internet, Merge TV, Wireless Security, and more.
FOCUS Broadband is proud of our history and reputation for putting our customers first. FOCUS Broadband has built its reputation by providing award-winning customer service and outstanding technology. We are building a next-generation, 100% fiber-optic network in Brunswick & Columbus Counties, with planned expansions into portions of Duplin, Pender, Robeson, Scotland, Hoke, Bladen, Chowan, and Perquimans Counties.
As employees at FOCUS Broadband, our team enjoys rewarding, challenging, and exciting careers. Though we number more than 300 employees, FOCUS Broadband maintains a small company feel by letting employees know they are appreciated, valued, and recognized. Our team enjoys competitive earnings and excellent benefits, including a 401k with a company match with an additional company contribution to the 401k, an on-site clinic, a lucrative wellness program, tuition reimbursement to help with career advancement, and much more. FOCUS Broadband is a “Local Company with Local Priorities.”
Are you ready to start an exciting career with FOCUS Broadband?
FOCUS Broadband Benefits:
· Competitive Salaries
· 401k w/ Company Match
· Additional 401k Company Contribution
· Health, Dental, Vision
· Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Generous PTO