Hendrickson is searching for an HR Generalist at their Somerset, KY manufacturing facility.
This individual will work with the local HR team in achieving the various HR goals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruitment of hourly workforce. Continuously re-evaluate hiring criteria by analyzing position requirements with hiring managers. Attract applicants by writing advertisements and job postings based on hiring criteria. Work with outside recruiters and provides them with appropriate information for candidate searches. Determines applicants’ qualifications by conducting interviews, tests and reference checks. Presents qualified candidates to hiring managers by scheduling appointments and necessary interviews.
- Assists HR Manager with associate relations activities, including “on-the-floor” visibility and approachability.
- Maintains HR records by ensuring that applications, resumes, position profiles, requisitions, and interview records and job offers are documented and filed.
- Assists HR Manager and plant-wide Safety Task Force Teams with weekly meetings, safety issues, Safety investigations, Near Miss investigations, and required safety training for all associates. Assist HR Manager in Worker’s Compensation case management to establish an aggressive, proactive Return-To-Work Program.
- Assist in training requirements for all associates, plant-wide.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field required
- 2-4 years experience in general business, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- At least two years working in a progressive Human Resources department, with emphasis on safety a strong plus
- Experience in hourly associate recruiting
- Experience in a team or participative workforce environment is preferred
- Well versed in legal aspects of HR
- Excellent PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.