Financial Analyst, Entry-Level
Purpose of Position
Hennessy Industries, a Vontier operating company, is seeking a Financial Analyst who will report directly to the FP&A Manager. This role provides the opportunity to be a key member of Hennessy’s Finance team and a strong business partner for internal customers. The Financial Analyst will be pivotal to organizational continuous improvement, and will demonstrate a proven ability to collect and distill complex financial information into clear and actionable management-level reports and presentations.
- Maintain current reports and look for ways to automate and simplify: Plant spend, material receipts, lifecycle analysis, Bookings, and Shipments
- Maintain reporting accuracy and support Sr Financial analyst and Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
- Ensure data is accurately reported in the appropriate systems in a timely manner with the minimum amount of manual effort.
- Research OPEX variances vs Forecast and identify drivers and recommendations for issue resolution
- Prepare monthly journal entries, reclasses, reconciliations and closely partner with Accounting
- Work cross-functionally with Purchasing, Marketing, and Engineering to coordinate, develop, and streamline processes for product costing and new product development as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Own, manage, and simplify Customer Volume Rebates process in a timely fashion and accurately
- Support Manager in the monthly consolidation and roll-up of Hennessy’s financial results / forecast as well as internal reporting to Hennessy staff and external reporting to Vontier corporate.
- Leverage the Vontier Business System (VBS) toolkit to drive continuous improvement by instituting daily management, standard work, and problem-solving strategies
- Perform additional ad hoc duties as assigned
This position reports to the FP&A Manager. The incumbent will interface with all functional departments. A high degree of team participation required.
Measures of Performance
Meets established performance objectives and deadlines, supports organization and departments as needed, builds relationships with others, and supports organizational VBS goals and objectives.
Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
This position significantly impacts Hennessy Industries and is viewed as a strategic position in the finance leadership succession plan.
Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in Finance, or Business degree preferred
- 0 – 3 years relevant experience (Spring ’21 College grad is acceptable)
- Hands on style with ability to dig into detail
- Must have proficiency in excel appropriate for an analyst early in career (including Sums, Sumifs, Pivot tables, vlookups) and clear aptitude to progress
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in growth environment
- Cost / manufacturing / inventory background a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge with month-end close and year-end processes a plus
Personal Trait Profile
Must be a hands-on, motivated self-starter in a fast-paced environment. Should be curious; willing to ask questions and think creatively to solve problems. Must display confidence in conveying complex ideas in a clear and simple manner.
WHO WE ARE
Hennessy Industries is headquartered in the greater Nashville area, TN. With facilities in the U.S., Canada and abroad, Hennessy is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of aftermarket wheel-service equipment. Hennessy designs, builds and markets equipment, accessories and consumables under three renowned brand names: AMMCO®, COATS® and BADA®.
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Vontier’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Vontier is headquartered in Everett, Washington, and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Vontier Business System. For more information please visit: www.Vontier.com.