Financial Planning Analyst (FP&A) – Commercial
US KY Louisville
The FP&A Analyst plays a crucial role in the coordination between the Commercial team and the Finance function and is responsible for planning, reporting, analyzing and achieving business results.
This role teams up with the Global FP&A Manager Commercial, the North American Sales Director & Key Account Managers, SG&A functional Leaders and FP&A Analysts-Operations.
The FP&A Analyst provides reporting summaries by segment/by customer, performance analysis to enable pricing actions, and support to analyze growth opportunities.
We are charting the course for the next-generation chemical company. We may be a new company, but our roots are more than a century old, dating back to the creation of Bakelite. We saw then what we see now: The boundless possibilities of science and curiosity. Our innovations include Bakelite, Durite, Cellobond and Resonance. From trains to planes to everyday household items, we are improving thousands of products around the world today. Like the lightweight plastic, Bakelite is strong, durable, and its potential allows for its future to be molded into infinite shapes – and we’re looking for talented and passionate people to help us create that future and the products that will change the world tomorrow.
This exciting opportunity is part of Bakelite
Reporting and Analysis:
– Prepare and share the commercial data tools, containing margins, pricing and costs developments and other KPI’s; report analytical findings that highlight issues and drive business results; lead reviews with the Commercial Team;
– Track and analyze impact of commercial actions and raw materials trends on business results;
– Assist with sales reviews to report commercial performance;
– Track and valuate Regional Commercial Targets and Opportunities;
– As principal arm of the Global FP&A Manager-Commercial, the FP&A Analyst will also support global consolidation activities and schedules.
Budget and Forecasting:
– Prepare volume and margin plans by using available tools for monthly forecasting as well as for the annual budget
– Lead reviews and discussions with NA Commercial Team
– Support the Global FP&A Manager Commercial in global consolidation tasks & analysis
– Perform commercial related month end/quarter end closing tasks and reviews (such as ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, GDNI, Rebate Program reviews, etc)
– Review if adjustments are required to reflect revenues and costs correctly
– Assist the FP&A organization with requests from reporting groups and internal auditors to provide information and analysis requested
– Assists in Sarbanes-Oxley 404 ongoing compliance
Ad Hoc Reporting:
– Complete ad-hoc reporting requests to include Cost Analysis, ROI reviews and partner with OPS finance for capital project reviews
– Partner with NA Sales Director as needed for ad hoc customer analysis
Strategic Focus and Directions:
• Customers focus: Works with internal customers to understand and meet their needs
• Furthering Business Knowledge: continuously develop the knowledge in Finance function and industry with a strong business acumen.
Trust and teamwork:
• Collaborating Inclusively: is effective in developing strong interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
• Communicating Effectively: Uses communication skills that enhance teamwork (listens, open, honest, timely, direct)
• Challenging: Constructively challenges the process to drive improvement
• Inspiring: gains confidence, respect and trust; consistently demonstrating commitments, and focus.
Achieve Business Results:
• Execution: achieves results in a manner consistent with the Core Values, developing a personal sense of urgency, focusing on the most important priorities.
• Making fact-based decisions: gathers and uses relevant analytics and data to be provided as support of the decision process
– Chartered accountant preferred
– Excellent Analytical skills, ability to read and translate data into information;
– Self-starter with ability to complete projects start-to-finish;
– Team player interact effectively with cross functional teams;
– Proactive and well organized;
– Consistently meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment;
– Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling capabilities (Filters, Pivots, Formulas, Graphs, Calculated Fields);
– Experience with SAP R/3
– Min. one year in commercial/finance positions
- Bachelor or University degree in accounting/finance.
- MBA a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test , submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel