Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
The financial analyst prepares financial and business-related analyses and research. Duties and responsibilities may include any of the items shown below. (70-95%)
- Perform month-end closing responsibilities including journal entries and expense analysis
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts monthly and book necessary and appropriate entries. Investigate, correct and follow-up any inaccuracies identified.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank account reconciliations for review.
- Assists with budgets, forecasts and analyze trends in sales, finance, general business conditions, significant variances on MTD and YTD basis and other related areas.
- Complete management reports daily/monthly/annually.
- May prepare tax returns and/or legal and regulatory reports.
- Special financial reports as requested by management. Present results of research and analyses and provide recommendations in written and verbal presentation formats.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
Review and verify payroll data for payroll processing and provide backup support as needed. (0-15%)
May assist with accounting duties related to cash management, escrow administration, franchise activities, agent accounts or other transaction records and reporting. (0-10%)
Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned. (0-5%)
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; or equivalent work experience.
· Two years of experience in accounting, with emphasis in financial analysis. Experience with
financial analysis methods and tools.
· Real estate experience helpful.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrated computer proficiency. Experience with accounting and general ledger software.
· Strong Excel, Access and Word skills.
· Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills, a customer-service focus and the ability to work as a member in a
· Knowledge to complete complex financial analysis, excellent problem solving techniques.
· Must possess time management and organization skills.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple task and projects concurrently; work well under pressure of