Still in school but ready to launch your career? Our internship program is perfect for ambitious students looking to gain valuable hands-on experience that will build more than just your resumé – it will expand your career possibilities after graduation. Our program is structured to provide students unique experiences tailored to their field of interest. Through these experiences, you’ll build a foundation on which to further your career, your abilities and your dreams. Internships span 12 weeks and are offered in all of our business segments.
Why Huntington? As an intern, you will be exposed to many facets of our business and our distinguished culture:
- We offer a robust schedule of events – full of professional development opportunities
- Interact with our Executive Leadership Team on multiple occasions
- Learn from senior leaders about career pathing and Huntington business segments
- Master the key concepts of our innovation framework through a business relevant team project
- Immersion into our award winning culture through volunteer and social events
Each year we enhance our program, striving to provide a category of one internship experience. 100% of our surveyed interns would recommend a Huntington internship to other students at their school. Your success is our success, choose Huntington and we will prepare you for a career in Banking.
Our Human Resources team focuses on HR strategy, compensation and benefits, learning and development, inclusion, recruitment, employee relations, change management, organizational effectiveness and HR information systems and analytics.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Collaborate directly with your manager
- Support organization and department initiatives
- Provide recommendations to improve your department
- Work both independently and within a team
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude – proficiency with computer software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite
- Take initiative to achieve personal career goals
- Participate in all HNB internship events
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for Huntington!
- High School graduate
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate accredited University
- 3.0 overall GPA
- Course(s) of study including (but not limited to): Business, Accounting, Finance, Communications, Data Analytics, Information Technology, Human Resources, etc.
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within teams and maintain professional composure in a dynamic work environment that often requires management and completion of multiple tasks
- Demonstrate sound judgment and ability to apply logical/critical thought processes when developing solutions
- Ability to display a positive business presence with management and external personnel
- A strong interest in Banking as a career
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington’s Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position