The person shall (i) be responsible for assisting and supporting the chief financial officer, senior accountant and others in carrying out accounting, internal auditing, project management and tax matters, and (ii) have the following general responsibilities:
· accounts receivable/CRM systems;
· serving as primary interface for purchasing/accounts payables;
· assisting with:
o preparing financial and sales reports in PowerBI;
o financial and business analysis and special projects, as requested;
o period-end closings procedures;
o annual budgeting; and
o the preparation of income tax, sales tax and property tax returns and related tax workpapers;
· interfacing with other areas of the business with respect to accounting and tax matters and identifying, solving and/or escalating accounting issues to the CFO.
The Staff Accountant/Financial Analyst shall have the following skills/training:
· excellent written and oral communication skills;
· self-starter with healthy skepticism and effective problem solving and analytical skills; and a positive can-do attitude and open minded approach;
· ability to follow through on commitments and demonstrate ownership of results, and a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and organization;
· ability to utilize technology to enhance internal client service and business performance (knowledge of QuickBooks and PowerBI a plus); and
· an undergraduate degree in accounting or finance required and a solid understanding of accounting, audit and basic tax issues.