INROADS is partnering with The Federal Reserve Bank of New York for Summer Internships. Apply today!!
INROADS is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that gives high-potential future executives from culturally, ethnically and economically diverse backgrounds a competitive advantage in their careers. We provide unparalleled networking opportunities with career-minded peers; year-round professional coaching and guidance from managers; and professional development. We also provide management training that includes career related, paid internships with some of America’s top organizations.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is the largest and most important regional bank in the Federal Reserve System. The New York Fed is the primary conduit of the Fed’s monetary policy through open market operations, emergency lending facilities, quantitative easing, and foreign exchange transactions.
Over the course of the 10-week program, interns will be assigned to a particular area or function and have opportunities for collaboration with other interns and employees from around the New York Fed. In addition to their daily responsibilities, interns will attend weekly presentations hosted by senior management on the New York Fed’s responsibilities and operations. This program allows interns to learn about career opportunities in public service at the New York Fed and is a direct feeder for the New York Fed’s full-time analyst rotational programs/roles.
The Markets Group at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York consists of multiple business areas that fulfill a range of responsibilities, from planning and executing open market operations, monitoring and analyzing financial market developments, to managing foreign customer accounts. Through its analytical and operational areas, the Markets Group:
· Manages the size and composition of the Federal Reserve System’s balance sheet consistent with the directives and the authorization of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC)
· Monitors and analyzes financial market developments for key stakeholders and policymakers within the Federal Reserve System
· Monitors and analyzes developments related to financial stability
· Supports debt issuance and debt management on behalf of the U.S. Treasury
· Provides foreign exchange services to the U.S. Treasury
· Provides account services to foreign central banks, international agencies, and U.S. government agencies.
Summer Analyst Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
· Prepare charts, tables, graphs and other supporting documentation to be used in the research and market analysis conducted by the Group
· Support senior staff with economic and financial data analysis
· Assist in the execution of the Group’s funds, securities, trading and settlement activities, including the preparation and maintenance of preliminary internal reports, data entry of operations results, discrepancy follow-up and resolution, and testing the implementation of new products
Who We Are Looking For:
The Markets Summer Analyst Program is open to rising seniors graduating Fall 2021 or Spring 2022. The program is competitive and size is limited. You should have a demonstrated interest in economics, public policy, finance, and a strong academic record. You should also have:
· Quantitative analysis skills and familiarity working with spreadsheets, databases, and analytical tools (e.g. Excel, SQL).
· Academic exposure and/or experience in international and domestic capital markets and instruments, and US monetary policy and economics
· Ability to source, prepare, and visually represent data for written reports using common tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau)
· Ability to perform preliminary research and help prepare data regarding foreign and domestic markets issues
· Programming experience (e.g. Python, R) is a plus, but not required
· An expected graduation date of Winter 2021 or Spring 2022.
Majors Sought – Business
Locations: New York, NY
How do I apply for this opportunity?
· Apply to INROADS at https://inroads.org/internships/apply/
· Email resumes to Jose Alvarado at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume should be emailed in word document format using the subject line – INROADS and The Federal Reserve Bank of New York – Markets (Chicago)