The Sales Intern position will work alongside our Sales team assisting with customer support and development of Sales Programs/Promotions. This position is responsible for a variety of project‐related, administrative and secretarial duties in the assigned department. This position will provide the student with real life business experience, knowledge, and skills that are relevant to classroom education.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Handle information of highly sensitive and confidential nature. Ensure security of information at all times by developing and maintaining necessary measures and procedures.
- Compile special reports and analysis and select appropriate data from various sources. Prepare daily, weekly, or monthly reports as assigned.
- Use various office equipment such as fax, printers, phone system, etc.
- Create and maintain business and correspondence documents, files and other record keeping systems as appropriate to the mission of the department.
- Prepare, type, and edit a wide variety of correspondence from notes, instructions, and general directions.
- Receive, screen, and direct telephone and written communications.
- Research information and data associated with projects as assigned.
- Provide current status information for all open issues as assigned. Identify the need for open‐issue closure or status update.
- Perform special assignments/duties as required.
Qualified applicants will possess a High School Diploma and will currently be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program.
Comprehensive knowledge of PC and various business office applications/software.
Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, proper phone etiquette, and the ability to work in a group effectively.
Must have the ability to deal with all levels of people both inside the organization and out of the firm.
Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and shift priorities in a fast‐paced environment. Must have excellent follow‐through and be organized and detail‐oriented.