Leaders Real Estate Group, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a full service real estate company that specializes in the retail and multi-family commercial real estate. We provide commercial real estate investment, development and management services in the southeastern United States through our vertically integrated & comprehensive real estate service platform. We are growing and currently seeking a Portfolio Accountant to join our accounting team.
The Portfolio Accountant is responsible for journal entries, bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, accounts receivable and daily and monthly cash disbursements and receipts.
– Reconcile Accounts Receivable, security deposits and rent roll to financial statements for all properties
– Prepare and Post monthly journal entries and reconciliations
– Prepare Month End Financial Statements
– Responsible for preparation and review of quarterly reports for investors and management
– Preparing disbursements and management fees
– Financial Audits – Follow Leaders Real Estate Group corporate policies and procedures and comply with Fair Housing, State and Federal laws
– Additional assignments and projects as needed
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or 2-4 years of property accounting experience is strongly preferred
– Experience in Commercial Real Estate Property Management highly preferred
– Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare and understand financial statements
– Demonstrates strong analytical skills, attention to detail & initiative
– Ability to organize & prioritize assignments to meet deadlines – Must have excellent communication skills