Job Locations: United States-OH-Cincinnati
Category: Finance & Accounting
Overview: Medpace is a scientifically-driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organization (CRO) providing Phase I-IV clinical development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Medpace’s mission is to accelerate the global development of safe and effective medical therapeutics through its high-science and disciplined operating approach. We leverage local regulatory and deep therapeutic expertise across all major areas including oncology, cardiology, metabolic disease, endocrinology, central nervous system, anti-viral and anti-infective. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Medpace employs approximately 3,200 people across 36 countries.
Job Summary: Our corporate activities are growing rapidly, and we are currently seeking a full-time, office-based Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team. This position will work on a team to accomplish tasks and projects that are instrumental to the company’s success. If you want an exciting career where you use your previous expertise and can develop and grow your career even further, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Perform monthly close activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting; includes preparing and posting monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis and investigation, issue resolution and coordination with other team members within the global finance team
- Manage foreign external accountants and other service providers to comply with financial reporting requirements, deadlines, and global processes
- Participate in the year-end financial statement audit through preparation of audit work papers and effectively responding to specific requests and inquiries from the external audit team
- Assist in the enhancement, development, and implementation of process initiatives related to month-end close, financial reporting, business operations and process improvement
- Assist in various special projects that provide a better understanding of the company’s business and operations and improves US GAAP and foreign statutory compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 0 to 2 years of related experience required
- Very detailed oriented, highly motivated, strong analytical skills, proficient computer skills specifically in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- High degree of professionalism
- Works well in a team environment, focused on career growth and development
When you join Medpace, you become part of a team dedicated to supporting the development of ground breaking drugs and devices. Our employees provide hope for those living with debilitating diseases. We invite you to be a part of something that is impacting millions of people around the globe while enjoying a competitive total compensation and benefits package and internal growth opportunities.
- Medpace Named a Top Cincinnati Workplace for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 by the Cincinnati Enquirer
- Winner of the ACRP-Avoca CRO Quality Award in 2018
- Recognized with six CRO Leadership Awards from Life Science Leader magazine
- Eagle Award winner – which recognizes outstanding leadership, professionalism, integrity, and dedication to advancing the clinical research profession through strong site partnerships
What to Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our recruitment team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.