Do you want to gain valuable social media experience covering tech and entrepreneurship at both the local and national level? Middle Tech’s social media presence has nearly quadrupled over the last year and we need a motivated individual to join our team, ideate on some awesome content, and help make that content a reality – all with a focus on continuing to scale!
Middle Tech is a Lexington, KY based media company that exists to shine a light on tech, entrepreneurship, and business in Kentucky and beyond. Our flagship podcast debuted in 2018 and since then we have created a wealth of other shows across our audio network. Please visit middletechpod.com or search us on Spotify for more information on our brand.
In addition to our audio content, social media growth, newsletter curation, and other auxiliary content production are essential activities to expand our brand and community. This growth will be fueled by a wealth of well-designed branded content. With design help from our Graphic Designers, you will be tasked with fostering our social community, creating and publishing engaging and valuable content, and becoming part of the public face of Middle Tech to the world!
- Publish/schedule content across all platforms
- Ideate and create content (mostly videos) around tech and entrepreneurship that will be featured across Middle Tech’s social media platforms
- Curate content based on identifying trends, niches, and areas for opportunity across social media platforms to pull, reshare and potentially create from
- Helping plan/strategize content using a content calendar
- Engage with other accounts within our niche and local businesses/pages on social media
- Foster community via audience interaction
- Actively engage in brainstorming sessions
This position may be done completely remotely. This role will not have set hours as our content needs will be ongoing and collaborative. Tasks can be done on the individual’s time as long as due dates are met, so being a motivated self-starter is essential for this role.
- Past social media experience with a brand, whether professional or personal (burner accounts apply)
- The ability to record a video and communicate a clear message/news snippet (can’t be camera shy!)
- Interest in regional/national tech news and content
- Gain valuable experience in social media marketing and content creation
- Attach your brand to a growing and established Middle Tech brand that has led to great opportunities for multiple team members
- Make connections with some of the best companies in Kentucky
- Work with an awesome, fun team that is dedicated to growing the business ecosystem in Kentucky