The Associate / analyst position is based out of the Operating Group office in Lexington, Ky and is required to travel occasionally. The Associate supports the Operating Team in the firm by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts, and reports for the various portfolio companies. Completes discrete analysis during diligence and post acquisition in all areas of the business as directed. The Associate reports to the Director of Operations and/or the Head of Operations depending on the respective assignment(s).Head of Operations.
· Able to present a professional appearance and communicate in a professional manner
· Creates clear and concise reports, reporting abnormalities and concerns immediately to the necessary members of the team
· Able to work with management to develop accurate business forecasts, analyze trends and identify areas of concern and opportunities
· Able to follow processes and systems and able to recommend and implement improvements as necessary to improve efficiency
· An understanding of finance and accounting
· Self motivation. Can identify what needs to be done and can get it done without the assistance of others.
· Comfortable working alone for extended periods of time without direct supervision to accomplish objectives
· Mastery of Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with Microsoft Office is necessary