Empower your future by starting your career at Nationwide! Our internship program provides opportunities to apply what you’ve learned in school, expands your knowledge and offers invaluable on-the-job experiences.
Nationwide is an industry-leading organization in Financial Services and Insurance. We are looking for team members that are eager to leverage their current experiences in a career journey that will be challenging and rewarding.
Fueled by visionary leadership, Finance Controllership provides value-added, business advisory services and insights through innovative practices such as robotic process automation in accounting and finance functions to support the evolving needs of our customers and policyholders. Our expert accounting and finance professionals focus on centralized services delivering efficient and effective business processes, data management and financial reporting control program management. These finance and accounting processes are used to support internal and external reports and filings. Nationwide Controllership offers a wide-range of opportunities on the following teams – Business Segment Functions including: Nationwide Financial, Property & Casualty, Emerging Business, and Corporate; Financial Reporting, Accounting Operations, Regulatory Reporting, Finance Data Governance, Procure-To-Pay, Financial Reporting Controls, Customer and Project Support.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following –
– Engage in a self-lead continuous improvement project, empowering interns to drive innovation through honing their skills learned on the job
– Participate in the analysis and completion of various processes
– Review existing standard operating procedures and update where gaps exist
– Complete data integrity validations for information stored in multiple applications and update where appropriate to ensure accurate reporting
– Assist on projects and with accounting close, as needed