State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Finance & Contracts
7 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
Account Clerk I
37-1/2 Hours per week
SUMMARY: To perform clerical and reporting functions in support of Financial Analysts with regards to year-end processes and the development of accounting/fiscal work products for the Department of Transportation, Division of Finance, Bureau of Finance and Contracts Section.
- Sorts and checks financial and accounting records and prepares preliminary year-end Excel documents for the Bureau of Finance and Contracts Section.
- Coordinates data collection processes for various fixed asset categories, codes and tabulates data as necessary, and prepares standard reports.
- Compiles, reviews, and verifies accounting data and financial information in support of year-end processes, maintains files and assists with data entry and/or fiscal changes as required in order to ensure quality and accuracy of entries and to resolve discrepancies or issues.
- Support financial analysts by reviewing and extracting information, providing data entry, and assisting with reports and projects.
- Operates a computer and other standard office equipment as required in the performance of support duties.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or high school equivalency credential.
EXPERIENCE: No experience required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None required.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Knowledge of the principles and practices of bookkeeping. Knowledge of good English usage and grammar. Skill in applying knowledge to keeping of accounts. Skill in making simple arithmetical computations and tabulations accurately and with reasonable speed. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to learn assigned clerical tasks readily and to adhere to prescribed reports and statements. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the agency appointing authority.
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
* Accounting Clerk interns report to a Financial Analyst and can work closely with a variety of positions including Administrators, Financial Analysts, Accountants, or Supervisors in Accounts Payable or Receivables. An intern’s work is reviewed by the appropriate professional within the chain of command within the Finance Bureau.