Division of the Budget
Student Intern in Professional Development and Training
The New York State Division of the Budget is seeking a Student Intern in the Training Office. The successful candidate will serve as part of the DOB training team that is responsible for providing an extensive training and development program for its employees. The current professional development portfolio includes leadership development and supervisory skills, inclusion and bias awareness, panel presentations, mentoring program, speaker series, and job-specific training delivered by subject matter experts.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Researching training topics and best practices to contribute towards curriculum development
- Facilitating webinar sessions and assisting with participant technical issues
- Co-delivering training content via webinar
- Creating training materials including slide decks and participant workbooks
- Providing input in collaborative meetings on creative approaches to training initiatives and participant engagement
- Updating employee records in a Learning Management System
- Using technology including SharePoint, One Note, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Attending meetings of the New York State Training Community of Practice and Training Director’s Roundtable
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including comfort speaking in front of groups), experience with Microsoft Office products with a willingness to learn new technology, and a desire to learn and develop skills in the field of workforce development and human resources.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the Online Employment Application and select Training Internship on the ‘Title Applying For’ page of the application.
The Division of the Budget offers paid hourly internship positions (current hourly rates: $19.09/hr for Graduate Assistants; $15.38/hr for Undergraduate Assistants).
About Division of the Budget
The New York State Division of the Budget (DOB) serves as primary fiscal advisor to the Governor, and is charged with developing, negotiating, and implementing one of the largest government budgets in the country. Our work is high-impact public service with a long-standing reputation for providing challenge, opportunity, responsibility, and quality. Our work demands clear thinking, strong writing, and insightful analysis, all in a fast-paced environment.
If you require assistance in applying for employment with the New York State Division of the Budget, please contact email@example.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER