The Rotational Development Program is a full-time experience for recent graduates (Spring 2021) to learn Pilot Company’s complex and multi-faceted business over the course of 12 months. The knowledge, skills and relationships gained will add value to your future career with Pilot Company!
· Gain in-depth experience while working on value-added projects during department rotations
· Acquire a 360-degree view of Pilot Company
· Engage and build relationships
· Face unique business challenges head-on
Spend the first 12 months of your employment with Pilot Company rotating through multiple, growing departments –
Learn the ins and outs of the heart of our company – our Guests and Team Members. Work cross functionally to streamline operations and drive positive financial results. Bring your outside perspective to make a better day for the people we serve.
Tackle national brand campaigns, product assortments and category management. Work with the latest technology to analyze and calculate planograms and inventory to discover the latest must-have item! Even work with our food and beverage innovation team as they cook (or brew) up new culinary creations. It all shapes the way our Guests experience our stores.
Supply & Distribution
Learn about supplier relationships, analyze optimal buying opportunities, route e_cient logistics and price over 750 locations. With over 11 billion gallons of fuel supplied every year, we are essential to keeping North America moving.
Build apps that power transformative Guest and Team Member experiences using the latest cloud and data technologies, all while serving as a liaison for our other internal businesses. Innovate to solve and identify business opportunities and change the industry in powerful ways!
The purpose of this position is to interactively learn multiple areas of the company for the first 12 months of employment. After completing the rotational program, rotational team members will be placed in a position within the company.
· High school diploma required
· Recent graduate with bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, computer science, mathematics or related required
· Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
· Ability to organize data and provide value-driven recommendations from analysis
· Ability to apply critical thinking and situational analysis skills to troubleshoot and come up with efficient solutions to problems
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively with different levels of the organization to negotiate, problem solve, complete projects and influence decision making
· Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and within teams in order to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
· Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills
· Willingness and ability to learn new processes and technologies
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to adjust quickly to changing projects and environment
More About Pilot Company
Join us to create world-class advanced analytics and shape our data-driven culture
All-in supportive people development culture with strong apprenticeship
Tailored learning journeys which allows you to continuously build your skills and hone your talent
A people-oriented culture that permeates experience for guests and customers and employees
A team that embraces failure as a way to learn and get better faster in a safe environment
An empowered, diverse and inclusive team that takes decisions fast and collaboratively
A leading and trusted company that’s a household name in the industry: #1 diesel fuel retailer in the US and largest operator of travel centers in North America
Comprehensive operating model covering several business lines including retail gas, diesel, retail, restaurant, and fleet services
One of the largest family-owned companies, with backing from Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffet)
Competitive compensation and attractive employee benefits and perks
Travel required less than 5%
Physical requirements and working conditions required include sitting or standing for extended periods of time