Investment Management – Investments
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world’s top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality.
As one of the largest real estate managers in the world with more than $180 billion in gross assets under management and administration, PGIM Real Estate strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. Our scope of insights, rigorous risk management and seamless execution are backed by a 50-year legacy of investing in commercial real estate, a 140-year history of real estate financing and the deep local expertise of professionals in 32 cities globally.
Through our investment, financing, asset management and talent management approach, we engage in practices that ignite positive environmental and social impact, while pursuing activities that strengthen communities around the world. When you join our team, you’ll find yourself inspired by an inclusive company culture that believes that diversity of all kinds allows us to develop better and more innovative solutions for our clients.
We are seeking a Research Analyst working in support of the Americas Investment Research team. The investment research team serves to:
- improve investment decision-making of the company through top-down and bottom-up research,
- create a research-based culture and image for the firm, and
- enhance overall satisfaction of clients and prospects.
The research team is primarily based in the New York metro area. Other office locations will be considered with some travel expected.
- Evaluate investment opportunities by analyzing property markets across real estate sectors (apartment, industrial, office, retail, senior housing, self-storage, etc.) and major cities.
- Provide support in the production of market briefings and presentations on economic and real estate markets .
- Develop new research alongside senior staff, including data analysis and presentation of research findings.
- Your projects may include:
- Analyzing spatial data using mapping technology to uncover demographic trends and understand why and where tenants make location decisions.
- Assessing the potential impact of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors on future real estate values in addition to how our investments can help to improve local ESG outcomes.
- Identifying key property attributes that will position our portfolios for sustained future outperformance .
- Bachelor’s degree required; fields such as economics, urban studies, geography or any background rooted in evidence-based research will be considered
- Excellent quantitative skills, including a knowledge of statistics
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with strong critical thinking and analytical skills
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
People With Disabilities
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.