To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit your resume to Brooke Branham at firstname.lastname@example.org. Handshake applications will not be accepted.
RUSSELL CAPITAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP
The internship program at Russell Capital is a structured learning experience geared towards allowing our interns to obtain real-world marketing experience. As an intern, you will gain exposure to a corporate office setting, become familiar with the responsibilities and daily duties of a marketing department, and complete tasks essential to the workings of the firm. The Marketing Internship will consist of: producing marketing materials, social media management, web content creations, event planning, etc.
A BUSY FIRST TWO DAYS:
All interns are understandably a bit nervous on their first day; we try to make this new experience as easy as possible for you. Our administrative staff is experienced in working in the intern program and will be there to help you through the entire program. On your first day, you will receive an intern welcome folder that includes the following:
• A checklist of items that you’ll need to accomplish in your first week
• Floor plan of the office
• Short bios and pictures of advisors and staff
• A few articles to familiarize you with marketing within the financial industry.
• Internship expectations
• Privacy Agreement
You will complete various projects/tasks during your internship which can be added to a professional portfolio. The primary focuses of this internship will be assisting in social media management, web content creation and event planning. Below are further details regarding responsibilities and requirements.
RESPONSIBILITES MAY INCLUDE:
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
• Perform market analysis and research on competition
• Support the Director of Marketing in daily administrative tasks
• Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
• Assist in special projects, video content and PR efforts
• Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
• Prepare promotional presentations
• Help distribute marketing materials
• Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
• Help execute marketing events
• Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
• Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
• Highly organized
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office & Outlook
• Ability to multitask
• Time Management
• Familiarity with digital marketing software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google AdWords)
• Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
MEETINGS DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP
As your school schedule allows, you will be invited to attend the following meetings during your internship (please note, these meetings are not mandatory):
• Monthly advisor lunch meetings. In these meetings we discuss trusts, investment research, investment ideas, retirement plan management, technology, and a myriad of pertinent subjects. • Quarterly investment committee meetings where each advisor presents on one or more investing topics, explaining the quarterly returns and giving their opinions on future activity. We cover the topics of stocks, sectors, bonds, international investing, commodities, interest rates and alternative investments, among others.
• One-off lunch meetings with solicitors of our business such as retirement plan providers and mutual fund and annuity wholesalers
• Office functions such as dinners or receptions
Due to consideration of our client’s privacy, you will not be able to attend client meetings.
At the end of your internship you will be given the opportunity to present the portfolio content created to the Russell Capital Advisors. You will work with the Director of Marketing to create a professional and timely presentation you could present to a potential employer for your future endeavors. All interested candidates please email a resume and cover letter to Brooke Branham, Marketing@russcap.com.