Do you want to be part of the thriving tourism industry in Nashville? Are you looking to share your love of country music with the whole world? Do you dream of honing your skills in a fast-paced environment with a variety of marketing specialties? If so, this internship could be for you!
Our marketing internship is designed to all you to contribute directly to Opry Entertainment’s interactive, promotional, and advertising based strategies to grow our audiences and purchasing customer base across our business units (Opry, Ryman Auditorium, Ole Red). Our summer internship will also have a focus on events and co-promotions in and around Nashville with key partners.
- Audience acquisition and lead generation – Help drive initiatives to achieve audience growth goals. Includes managing sweepstakes rollouts (working with team to identify partnership opportunities, define plans and prizing details developing briefs, coordinating timelines and rollout plans), KPI tracking, and prize fulfillment. Assist in the coordination of partnership activation plans when applicable.
- Coordinate and/or assist in development of various marketing related projects including, but not limited to, creating of project timelines and management, planning project needs, communicating and coordinating with key stakeholders, completing brand calendar updates, and providing project status updates.
- Brand Audits – Conduct regular reviews of marketing elements (websites social, in-venue) as well as 3rd party sites/offers to help maintain brand messaging quality and consistency.
- Ensure fulfillments of exposure elements of sponsorship agreements and lead the coordination and execution for any sponsor related requests.
- Additional projects: consumer insights research, onsite activation support for various events, promotional graphics prep, UTM creation, creation of campaign overview decks, general team support, and other duties as assigned – no 2 days are completely alike here!
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in related field.
- To qualify for this internship, you must be enrolled in a degree program in a marketing/communication related field during the internship period.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Passion for entertainment, hospitality, marketing, business, with an interest in sales
- Must be great communicator, excellent written communication skills be detailed and organized, solid interpersonal skills
- Ability t work nights and weekends – we have Opry shows Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and have marketing needs at least once a week
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Highly motivated with strong initiative and good attitude – being able to think on your feet with a smile on your face is a must!
- Bonus points for: social media marketing experience, experience with Adobe/Photoshop, a basic understanding of HTML, and a good knowledge of country music
This position requires a pre-employment drug screening.