**Serco follows all CDC state and local COVID-19 recommendations. To accommodate, this internship will be 100% virtual and will not include any on-site visits to Serco locations.**
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide undergraduate university and college students paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. STEP emphasizes developing the workforce of the future. Our goal is to help you build a career roadmap that provides you with challenging and rewarding learning experiences with Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across the following three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our 2021 internship opportunities are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and begin on May 25th and conclude on August 13th, with 1 week off July 5th – 9th. You will work with your manager to identify the best working schedule for you – working no more than an average of 36 hours a week with the added perk of half-days on Fridays.
In addition to gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company which provides training to better prepare you for a full-time career. These training sessions range from finance, personality in the workplace, presentation skills, resume building, and more. In addition, we believe great ideas come from all levels of the company! Because of that, each year we challenge our interns to work in diverse teams to develop, propose and execute on a project that improves our ways of working. Throughout this project you will work with Senior Sponsors and meet with members of our Executive Team.
As the Program Management Intern for the FRTIB Operations Center Program Management Office (PMO), you will participate in a variety of activities assisting with day-to-day management of the contract and larger scale projects within the PMO. You will gain core business management experience in areas such as administration, project management, documentation management and program management support.
Having exposure to these capabilities will better prepare you to be a well-rounded business administration professional and provide an opportunity to develop your skills and demonstrate your abilities and character in a real-world setting. Moreover, it is an opportunity for personal and professional growth while learning something new.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assists in development, planning and coordination of projects and or program level initiatives.
• Assists in recording, tracking, and maintaining projects and/or program progress.
• Assists in developing reports, presentations, manuals, bulletins, and other project/program documents.
• Creates and tracks Meeting minutes for PMO meetings, logs and follows up on action items.
• Assists where needed in completion of projects within the operations center.
• Assists with SharePoint documentation repository organization and tracking.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Preferred fields of study: Business, Communications, or a related field of study.
• Ideal candidates are rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, or spring 2021 graduates.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and SharePoint familiarity.
• Self-motivated with a strong work initiative and attention to detail.
• Strong customer service, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment.
• Passion for learning with a wide degree of creativity and curiosity.