The Sales & Marketing Development Program (SMDP) offers a structured start to your personal career path here at Stanley Black & Decker. Over the course of your tenure in SMDP, you will develop competencies in sales and marketing through a variety of roles and experiences. SMDP immerses you in the world of our end-users, customers, and business partners. You will develop a broad scope of product knowledge, sales skills, and other experiences through a customized career progression.
In your first role, you will manage a territory of either Home Depot or Lowe’s Home Improvement stores. You’re responsible for selling Stanley Black & Decker products, merchandising, planning and executing store event strategies, forming relationships with key decision makers, and implementing corporate marketing initiatives. This is an active, hands-on position. You’ll need to be able to down stock merchandise, climb up and down ladders, present to key decision makers, conduct training for store associates and sell to end users.
Following success in the first role you’re eligible to advance into one of three tracks; Market Manager, Commercial Sales or Corporate Marketing. As a member of SMDP you’ll be supported through the promotion process.
While in SMDP, you’ll participate in a three-phase blended training curriculum, providing you with extensive knowledge and understanding of our products and industry. Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to relocate 2-3 times to major metropolitan cities across the United States and grow your professional network.
We’re looking for an individual who is self-motivated, goal-oriented, successful when working in a team-based environment and independently. We’re also looking for someone who is persuasive in the use of selling skills, a solutions provider and good communicator. You also will need to be able to build and maintain positive customer relationships and work with diverse personalities.
More About Your Role:
Home Depot and Lowes are two of the top retailers for Stanley Black & Decker products, and you will work within one of these customers. You will support corporate marketing initiatives and your mission will be to ensure those strategies are implemented at the store level.
A typical day would consist of visiting two stores. While in store you’ll focus on building relationships with key store personnel, driving in-store sales through merchandising products and selling directly to customers in the aisle. You’re also responsible for the maintenance of store fundamentals, and the planning and execution of events throughout the year.
Requirements for role:
· Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years equivalent work experience in a sales or customer service role (retail or field experience preferred), or equivalent Military experience
· Relocation within the United States
· Must be willing to travel regionally, work occasional weekends
· Pass MVR check given that this position is driving in nature
· Valid driver’s license
· Pass all drug and criminal background checks
· Full-time, salaried position
· Company vehicle, gas card, laptop, printer and cellphone provided
· Medical, dental, vision, 401K
· 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
Successful candidates meet the following requirements:
· Self-motivated, driven towards results
· Flexible towards change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Competitive and innovative nature
· Track record of leadership achievement
· Proven desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
· Bilingual is a plus
· Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
· Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
· Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
· Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To learn more about Sales & Marketing Development Program visit www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/early-career