The role of this position is to facilitate the physical safeguarding of any Fixed Assets under SEWS’ guardianship and to record any Fixed Asset-related financial transactions under Common Division, Components Division, Electronics Division, and Wire Division as well as computer-related Fixed Assets under Wire Harness Division.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process various Customer-owned and SEWS-owned Fixed Asset requisitions.
- Monitor the Fixed Asset budget. Reject and/or modify Fixed Asset orders based on the approved budget while coordinating with the Corporate Business Planner.
- Register, maintain, and dispose of any Fixed Assets in the Fixed Asset ERP System (iSuite).
- Calculate depreciation at the end of each month. Monitor Construction in Progress (CIP) account balance. Provide monthly reports to various internal and external constituents.
- Complete various quarterly reports for constituents, such as external auditors, SEWS internal auditors, tax consultants and SEWS tax accountants.
- Complete an annual Fixed Asset physical inventory, including inventory preparation and reporting.
- Conduct various on-site and telephonic training sessions related to Fixed Asset-related topics.
- Take a lead role in various Fixed Asset-related improvement activities.
- Coordinate with ECSC Accountants for any Fixed Asset-related matters.
- Complete general Accounting-related tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related studies
- 1 – 3 years of Accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400-year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V