Position Description: Human Resources/ Safety Intern
Job Family: Administrative Support/ Interns
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We are seeking a qualified, safety minded, highly motivated individual to work as an intern who will gain an overall understanding of the major divisions of Hinkle Contracting Company, so that the intern can eventually be considered for a full time position within Hinkle Contracting Company. The selected candidate will be involved with and learn about various aspects of Hinkle Contracting Company. The focus of this intern will be Human Resources as it relates to Hinkle Contracting Company, LLC.
· The selected candidate will work through a 10-week planned course of work experience and study as it relates to Human Resources.
· The selected individual will focus on various aspects of Human Resources competency with different HR staff personnel. These include:
o Talent Acquisition
o Employee Experience and Engagement
o HR Compliance
o Training and Development
o Employee Survey and Exit Interviews
o Employee Communications
o Relationship Management
· The selected individual will focus on various aspects of Safety competency with different Safety Department staff personnel. These include:
o Identifies patterns of injury and advises as to information that will reduce accidents and improve safety
o Understand and enforce OSHA, employer and owner rules and regulations on project sites.
o Perform regular job site safety inspections to evaluate safety conditions.
o Travel to remote offices as needed to provide safety assistance.
o Review and analyze all work comp accident reports.
· Actively engages in HR & Safety related tasks and projects.
· Able to travel to different business locations.
· Able to upkeep confidential information.
· Presents a final capstone project to the leadership team at the end of the Summer Internship.
· Ideal candidate must be currently enrolled in a college degree program and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 or better.
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organization levels, including senior management.
· Basic knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures.
· Basic knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Excellent communication skills and professional personal presentation.
· Organizing; planning, and customer service orientation.
· Great attention to detail and stress tolerance.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft products preferred.