Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around May or June 2021 and continue through the entire Summer term (i.e. through August or September) or into early Fall 2021 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider availability before submitting an application.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Palo Alto, CA
- Reno, NV
About the Team
Tesla’s Human Resource Department is deeply ingrained in the functional areas of the business and partners heavily with the leadership team on critical decisions. Team members are expected not only to have the skills to analyze data and surface takeaways/recommendations, but must also lead cross-functional decision-making processes and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels in the company. Through the intern program, we are looking to find the next wave of talent to drive these efforts.
- Human Resource Business Partners
- General and Administrative
- Gigafactory NV
- Fremont Production
- People Operations
- Learning, Development, and Performance
- New Hire Orientation
What to Expect
As an HR/People Intern, you can work with various areas of HR to support the following initiatives:
- Coordinating new hire orientation and onboarding training efforts
- Administrating enrollment, attendance, travel, supplies and materials for orientation and onboarding programs.
- Create communication for Learning and Development platforms
- Onboarding employee experience
- Comprehensive analytics that help to drive employee engagement
- Optimizing and standardizing HR processes and programs
- Administering best in class solutions for benefits delivery
- 3rd / 4th year student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications, or business related degree
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Communications, or business related degree
- Available for a 12+ week internship
- Available to work 40+ works per week
- Self-starters who are results oriented, resourceful, analytical, innovative, intellectually curious and who take initiative and risks
- Strong communicators
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate strong ability to embrace and adapt to change, take initiative and showcase curiosity, learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Experience and proficient in Microsoft office tools/programs
- Previous work experience or internships in related field is a plus
- Experience in project management is a plus