Thorn is supporting Paradies Lagardere, a national travel retailer hiring top financial talent.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Financial Analyst is a partner to the Business Development team and is responsible for supporting the financial design and delivery of the RFP process, for providing analysis and business intelligence necessary to support BD’s overall success. The role also works with members of the Finance team to ensure sound integration between the RFP process and the company’s opex and capex forecast as well as analyzes the actual performance against pro forma.
The Financial Analyst manages tight deadlines and requires an exceptional ability for time management and organization. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance & Business Development and will also have frequent contact with other Finance & Accounting leaders, and many other department leaders across the organization. This role will typically be dedicated to either the Retail or Dining Divisions but will be expected to be able to support both groups as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and continuously improve financial benchmarking and insight relative to Business Development;
- Own the pro forma, execute memo and other financial elements for RFPs and direct negotiations;
- Contribute to the short-term and long-term strategies and goals of both Finance and Business Development;
- Advise on financial and overall business risks to current and future contracts;
- Track the Business Development pipeline, retention rate, approved and engaged capex along with some key financial metrics;
- Provides the status of the financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data in support of Business Development;
- Coordinate with various business partners to meet deadlines and goals;
- Evolve productivity through best practices and continuous learning;
- Develop strong relationships and trust amongst Accounting/Finance & Business Development management and continue to promote a team-oriented environment;
- Partner with the accounting team and other finance members to ensure that performance analysis post RFP and done, accurate, and reviewed with the management team; Recommend KPIs and scorecards to the business;
- Actively participate in our bottom-up process of financial planning/target setting (estimate/budget/plan) when it comes to new and remodeled stores;