U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years. As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
U.S. News & World Report is looking for a full time, paid, summer Human Resources Intern. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate team of HR professionals, learn from talented coworkers, and drive Human Resources’ initiatives.
- Interest in human resources; preferably recruitment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Google Products: Drive, Docs, Sheets
- Agility with learning how to navigate on-line HR systems.
- Scheduling and conducting phone screens and reference checks for potential new hires.
- Posting new job requisitions in the applicant tracking system (Paychex).
- Generating reports from various HR systems (performance management, applicant tracking system, human resources information systems).
- Participate in the implementation of various HR programs (job analyses; performance management, etc.).
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2021 graduate (Summer Interns Only)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 10 weeks; ideally, starting on Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, August 6
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- All interns are paid $15/hour
- Internships will likely work remote
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration