Upshot’s Summer Internship Programs are designed to recruit and develop the best young talent in the real estate and finance industry, and other relevant areas. Our Summer Internship Programs generally last 10 weeks and college Juniors, graduate students or law school students may apply as further described below. Our selected Summer Analysts and Associates will receive a unique opportunity to work side-by-side with our leadership team on various projects and real estate transactions during the program. The actual dates for the Summer Internship Programs are May 13, 2024, through July 19, 2024. The Deadline to submit your application for consideration is November 30, 2023. Candidates should expect to conduct at least one first-round video interview, followed by a series of face-to-face interviews with various members of the Upshot leadership team, if selected to move forward. Upshot may consider fall and spring internships on a case-by-case basis. The Upshot Summer Internship Programs are a paid internship program.
Summer Analyst Program:
General Program Description: This program is designed to develop young talent as well as identify top candidates for the full-time rotational position of Junior Investment Analyst. Junior Investment Analysts go through a 2-year full-time program which provides recent college graduates the opportunity to work in specific areas or divisions of Upshot’s private equity real estate platform, such as asset management, investor relations, capital raising, acquisitions, and real estate development.
Job Description: The Summer Analyst Program at Upshot seeks to offer a challenging experience to college juniors who are interested in careers in real estate finance and accounting. This program offers a hands-on experience across real estate finance, where the Summer Analyst will have direct exposure to senior-level management, engaging mentors, development opportunities and targeted training to help sharpen technical, analytical and communication skills. At the end of the program, Summer Analysts are expected to give a presentation on a topic related to their experience.
Candidate Qualifications: Upshot seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors and always demonstrate a high level of professional integrity. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have or be:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Economics with a strong GPA
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-starter, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Ability to be a collaborative team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment while handling multiple projects
- A strong work ethic, personal and professional integrity, a positive and mature attitude, and genuine passion for excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
To be considered for the current Summer Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Have an anticipated graduation date of: Fall 2024 – Spring 2025
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
- Prepare and submit the Internship Program Application and submit all required documentation per its instructions.
If you do not meet these criteria, please check with Upshot for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran or military status, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.